About Wichita Falls:
Wichita Falls is a city in and the county seat of Wichita County, Texas, United States. It is the principal city of the Wichita Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area, which encompasses all of Archer, Clay, and Wichita Counties. The population was 104,553 at the 2010 census, making it the 38th-most populous city in Texas. It is the principal city of the Wichita Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area, which encompasses all of Archer, Clay, and Wichita Counties. Wichita Falls is home to Sheppard Air Force Base, the Air Force’s largest training base. Wichita Falls was once home to offices of several oil companies and related industries, along with oil refineries operated by the Continental Oil Company until 1952 and Panhandle Oil Company American Petrofina) until 1965. The city is now home to a branch of the Petroleum Institute. The city is also home to a number of museums and other cultural attractions, including the Wichita Falls Museum of Art at Midwestern State University, the Kell House Museum, and the Wichita Falls Railroad Museum. The city is also home to a number of parks and recreational areas, including Lucy Park, Weeks Park, and the Wichita Falls Country Club.
Things to do in Wichita Falls:
- Visit the Kell House Museum to learn about the history of Wichita Falls.
- Check out the Wichita Falls Museum of Art at Midwestern State University.
- Explore the Wichita Falls Railroad Museum.
- Spend a day at Lucy Park, which has a playground, hiking trails, and a lake.
- Play a round of golf at the Wichita Falls Country Club.
- See a performance at the Wichita Falls Symphony Orchestra.
- Visit the Wichita Falls Farmers Market to buy fresh produce and other local products.
- Take a tour of the Sheppard Air Force Base.
- Go fishing or boating at Lake Wichita.
- Visit the Wichita Falls Memorial Stadium to watch a football game.
- Explore the Wichita Falls Arts District.
- Go hiking or mountain biking in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.
- Visit the Castaway Cove Water Park for a day of fun in the sun.
- Take a tour of the Wichita Falls Brewing Company.
- Learn about local history at the Wichita County Heritage Society.
- Go birdwatching at the Wichita Falls Audubon Society.
- Play a game of laser tag at Laser Quest.
- Go bowling at Village Bowl.
- Visit the River Bend Nature Center to see animals and learn about the local environment.
- Check out the weekly farmers market at the Farmer’s Market at the Falls.
- Visit the falls for which the city is named after: the Wichita Falls. These falls are located on the Wichita River and are a popular spot for sightseeing and photography.