Vacaville is a city located in Solano County, California, in the United States. It is roughly halfway between Sacramento and San Francisco, making it a popular location for commuters who work in either city. The city has a population of about 103,078 people and is known for its historic downtown, family-friendly atmosphere, and close proximity to several state and regional parks. Vacaville is also home to several large employers, including the Nut Tree and Vacaville Premium Outlets shopping centers, and the Travis Air Force Base.
Things to do in Vacaville:
- Visit the Nut Tree, a historic shopping and dining complex that has been a local landmark since 1922.
- Explore the Vacaville Museum, which features exhibits on the city’s history and local art.
- Go shopping at the Vacaville Premium Outlets, which features more than 100 stores.
- Visit the Pena Adobe Park, which includes a historic adobe home and ranch buildings dating back to the 1850s.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the Vacaville Recreational Trail, which runs along the city’s western edge and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Go golfing at the Paradise Valley Golf Course, which is located just outside of town.
- Visit the Jelly Belly Factory, which offers tours and tastings of its famous jelly beans.
- Check out the Vacaville Skate Park, which features a variety of ramps and obstacles for skateboarders and BMX riders.
- Visit the Vacaville Opera House, which hosts a variety of live performances throughout the year.
- Go hiking or picnicking at Lagoon Valley Park, which is located just outside of town and features beautiful views of the surrounding valley.
- Visit the Vacaville Performing Arts Theatre, which hosts a variety of performances, including plays, concerts, and dance recitals.
- Go wine tasting at one of the many local wineries, such as the Six Hands Winery or the Matchbook Wine Company.
- Visit the Children’s Museum of Vacaville, which is geared towards kids and features interactive exhibits and hands-on activities.
- Play a round of mini golf at the Peanuts-themed Course at Camp Snoopy, which is located at the Nut Tree.
- Visit the Vacaville Farmers Market, which takes place on Saturday mornings and features a variety of locally grown produce and handmade crafts.
- Check out the Vacaville Cultural Center, which features a variety of cultural exhibits and events.
- Go birdwatching at the Suisun Marsh, which is home to a variety of bird species and is located just outside of town.
- Visit the Vacaville Art Gallery, which features rotating exhibits of local and regional art.
- Go hiking or horseback riding at the Rockville Hills Regional Park, which is located just outside of town and features a variety of trails.
- Take a scenic drive through the surrounding countryside and enjoy the beautiful views of the rolling hills and farmland.