Sandy Springs, GA, USA
Crooked Creek, Sandy Springs, Georgia, USA
About Sandy Springs:
Sandy Springs is a city located in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, in the state of Georgia, United States. It is the seventh largest city in the state and the second largest in the Atlanta metropolitan area. The city was incorporated in 2005, and its name comes from the natural springs that are found in the area.
Sandy Springs is a primarily residential community, with many neighborhoods of single-family homes. However, there are also several commercial and business districts in the city, including the Perimeter Center area, which is a major business and transportation hub.
The city has a number of parks and recreational areas, including the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, which offers hiking and biking trails, fishing, and boating opportunities. There are also several cultural institutions in the city, such as the Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center and the Sandy Springs Society Museum.
Sandy Springs is known for its excellent schools and for being a very safe place to live. The city has a low crime rate and good healthcare facilities. Additionally, Sandy Springs has a vibrant cultural scene, with many arts and entertainment events throughout the year, including the Sandy Springs Festival and the Sandy Springs Artapalooza.
Sandy Springs is part of the Atlanta metropolitan area and is a convenient location for those who want to live outside of the city but still have easy access to everything it has to offer. The city is served by several major highways and has its own MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) station, making it easy to get around the city and to other parts of the region.
Things to do in Sandy Springs:
- Visit the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area: This park offers hiking and biking trails, fishing, and boating opportunities, as well as picnic areas and playgrounds for families.
- Explore the Sandy Springs Heritage Green: This 12-acre park features a pavilion, playground, and walking trails, as well as the Sandy Springs Society Museum, which tells the history of the city.
- See a show at the Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center: This state-of-the-art theater hosts a variety of performances, including music, dance, and theater productions.
- Shop at the Perimeter Mall: This large shopping center features more than 200 stores, including major department stores and high-end retailers.
- Visit the High Museum of Art Atlanta: This world-class art museum features an extensive collection of American and European art, as well as contemporary art and special exhibitions.
- Go ice skating at the Avalon: This mixed-use development features a rink that is open during the winter months, as well as shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Big Creek Greenway: This paved trail winds through the city, offering scenic views and opportunities for exercise.
- Enjoy a picnic at Morgan Falls Overlook Park: This park offers views of the Chattahoochee River and the surrounding area, as well as picnic tables and grills.
- Play golf at one of Sandy Springs’ many golf courses: The city is home to several public and private golf courses, including East Roswell Park Golf Course and Dunwoody Country Club.
- Take a cooking class at Le Cordon Bleu: This culinary school offers a variety of classes, including beginner and advanced cooking classes, as well as wine tastings.
- Visit the Concourse Corporate Center: This large office complex features a number of businesses and restaurants, as well as a fitness center and an on-site daycare.
- Watch a movie at the United Artists Perimeter Pointe: This multiplex movie theater features state-of-the-art sound and projection, as well as a variety of films.
- Enjoy the Sandy Springs Festival: This annual event features live music, arts and crafts, and food vendors, as well as a Kids’ Zone and a classic car show.
- Take a yoga or fitness class at CorePower Yoga Sandy Springs: This yoga studio offers a variety of classes, including hot yoga and Power Yoga, as well as Pilates and strength-training classes.
- Take a tour of the Atlanta History Center: This history museum features exhibits on the city’s history, including the Civil War and Civil Rights Movement, as well as a research library.
- Go to the Wren’s Nest: This historic home was the residence of Joel Chandler Harris, the author of the Uncle Remus tales and offers tours and storytelling sessions.
- Visit the Dunwoody Nature Center: This nature center offers hiking trails, educational programs, and a variety of wildlife.
- Take a pottery class at The Mud Room: This art studio offers pottery classes for all skill levels, as well as open studio time for experienced potters.
- Catch a play at the Act3 Playhouse: This community theater features a variety of plays, including classic and contemporary works.
- Enjoy a meal at one of Sandy Springs’ many restaurants: The city is home to a diverse array of dining options, including casual cafes, fine dining establishments, and ethnic restaurants, with a good representation of cuisines.