About San Mateo:
San Mateo is a city located in the San Francisco Bay Area of California, in the United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 97,207. San Mateo is the county seat of San Mateo County. The city is located on the San Francisco Peninsula, bordered by Burlingame to the north, San Bruno to the south, and Belmont to the east. The city is home to the headquarters of several technology companies such as Qualtrics, Electronic Arts, and Box.
San Mateo has a Mediterranean climate, with warm, dry summers and mild, wet winters. The city is served by the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge and the San Francisco International Airport, both of which are located nearby. The city is also served by several major highways and public transportation systems, including Caltrain, which connects San Mateo to San Francisco and other nearby cities.
The city is home to several parks, including Central Park and Hillsdale Park. San Mateo is also home to several institutions of higher education, including College of San Mateo and Notre Dame de Namur University.
Things to do in San Mateo:
- Visit the San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge, which is home to many different species of birds and other wildlife.
- Take a stroll through Central Park, which has beautiful gardens, a lake, and plenty of green space to relax in.
- Check out the San Mateo Japanese Garden, a beautiful and peaceful garden that’s perfect for a peaceful afternoon walk.
- Visit the Hillsdale Shopping Center, which has a wide variety of stores and restaurants to explore.
- Take a tour of the San Mateo County History Museum, which has exhibits on the history of the area.
- Play a round of golf at the Poplar Creek Golf Course, which has a beautiful and challenging course.
- Go fishing in the San Francisco Bay, which is home to many different species of fish.
- Visit the Coyote Point Museum, which has exhibits on science, nature, and the environment.
- Take a hike in the Crystal Springs Regional Trail, which has beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- Check out the San Mateo Event Center, which hosts a wide variety of events throughout the year.
- Visit the Bay Meadows Racetrack, which is home to live horse racing events.
- Go kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding in the San Francisco Bay.
- Take a walk along the San Francisco Bay Trail, which offers beautiful views of the bay.
- Visit the San Mateo Arboretum, which has a wide variety of plants and trees from all over the world.
- Check out the CuriOdyssey, a science and wildlife center that has exhibits on animals and the environment.
- Go to the movies at the Century San Mateo 20, which has state-of-the-art screens and a wide variety of films.
- Take a tour of the San Mateo County Fairgrounds, which host a variety of events throughout the year.
- Go shopping at the Hillsdale Mall, which has a wide variety of stores and restaurants.
- Take a walk along the San Francisco Bay waterfront, which has beautiful views of the water and the city skyline.
- Visit the San Mateo Public Library, which has a wide selection of books and other resources.