About Rio Rancho:
Rio Rancho is a city in Sandoval County, New Mexico, United States, located in the north of Albuquerque. It is the largest city in Sandoval County and the third-largest in New Mexico. It is home to the Intel Rio Rancho factory, which is a major employer in the city. Rio Rancho is known for its mild climate and natural beauty, with the Sandia Mountains to the east and the Rio Grande to the west. The city has a number of parks and trails, as well as several golf courses. It is also home to the Santa Ana Star Center, a multi-purpose arena that hosts sporting events, concerts, and other entertainment.
Things to do in Rio Rancho:
- Visit the Intel Rio Rancho factory for a tour and to learn about the company’s cutting-edge technology.
- Take a hike in the Sandia Mountains, which offer stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Go birdwatching at the Rio Grande Nature Center, which is home to a wide variety of bird species.
- Play a round of golf at one of the city’s many golf courses, such as the Championship Golf Course at the Rio Rancho Inn.
- Check out the Santa Ana Star Center, which hosts a variety of sporting events, concerts, and other entertainment.
- Explore the history of Rio Rancho at the Petroglyph National Monument, which features ancient rock carvings.
- Visit the Rio Rancho Aquatic Center, which has a number of pools and water slides for all ages.
- Learn about the natural world at the Rio Rancho Rose Garden, which has a variety of beautiful rose bushes and other plants.
- Go shopping at the Rio Rancho Town Center, which has a number of stores and restaurants.
- Visit the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, which has a collection of hot air balloons and other exhibits.
- Take a tour of the Rio Grande Nature Center State Park, which has a number of trails and a bird blind.
- Visit the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, which has exhibits on the state’s natural history and geology.
- Check out the Rio Grande Zoo, which has a variety of animals, including elephants, chimpanzees, and gorillas.
- Go fishing in the Rio Grande, which is home to a number of fish species.
- Visit the Albuquerque Biological Park, which has a number of gardens and a zoo.
- Check out the Albuquerque Aquarium, which has a variety of sea creatures, including sharks and rays.
- Visit the Sandia Peak Tramway, which offers stunning views of the city and the surrounding area.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at the Sandia Peak Ski Area.
- Visit the Rio Grande Valley State Park, which has a number of trails and a lake.
- Take a tour of the Rio Rancho Observation Deck, which offers panoramic views of the city and the Sandia Mountains.