Remscheid is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is located in the Bergisches Land, east of the city of Düsseldorf. The city has a population of approximately 116,000 people and covers an area of around 57 square kilometers. Remscheid is known for its manufacturing industry, particularly in the areas of metalworking and textiles. The city is also a center for the production of musical instruments, particularly pianos and keyboards. The city has a rich cultural heritage, with many historical buildings and monuments, including the Castle Lüntenbeck and the St. Peters Church.
Things to do in Remscheid:
- Visit the Castle Lüntenbeck, a medieval castle that has been beautifully preserved and is now a popular tourist attraction.
- See the St. Peters Church, a Gothic-style church with a stunning stained glass window and intricate carvings.
- Take a walk in the Botanical Garden of the city which features a wide variety of plant species and also a lake.
- Explore the city center and see the many historical buildings and monuments.
- Learn about the history of Remscheid’s manufacturing industry at the Industrial Museum.
- Visit the Piano Museum, which showcases the history of piano and keyboard production in the city.
- Take a hike in the nearby Bergisches Land Nature Park, which offers beautiful scenery and many hiking trails.
- Play golf in one of the city’s golf courses.
- Visit the city’s art gallery, which features works by local and international artists.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at the nearby ski resort of Neunkirchen.
- Take a trip to the nearby city of Solingen, which is known for its knife and sword production.
- Visit the nearby town of Wuppertal, where you can ride the famous Wuppertal Suspension Railway.
- Go shopping in the city center and find some unique items and souvenirs.
- Visit the Stadtmuseum Remscheid, which features artifacts and exhibits about the city’s history and culture.
- Take a leisurely boat ride on the Wupper River.
- Attend a concert or performance at the city’s concert hall.
- Go to the nearby town of Lennep, and see the well-preserved medieval town center
- Visit the nearby city of Dusseldorf for some big city experiences, such as shopping and dining.
- Visit the Sommerrodelbahn Lennep which is a popular place for summer tobogganing.
- Participate in local festivals and events such as the City Festival, the Christmas market, and the Remscheid Cultural Summer.