Nampa, ID, USA
Skating Rink in Nampa, Idaho, USA
Nampa is a city located in southwestern Idaho, about 20 miles west of Boise. It is the second-largest city in Idaho and the largest city in Canyon County. Nampa has a population of about 105,000 people and is known for its agriculture, particularly its production of onions, potatoes, and wheat. The city is home to a number of parks and recreational facilities, as well as a number of museums, art galleries, and other cultural attractions. The College of Western Idaho, a community college, is located in Nampa, and there are several other higher education institutions in the surrounding area. Nampa is served by the Nampa School District, which includes a number of elementary, middle, and high schools.
Things to do in Nampa:
- Visit the Warhawk Air Museum, which features a collection of vintage aircraft and military vehicles.
- Explore the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area, a protected area that is home to a variety of bird species, including eagles, falcons, and hawks.
- Take a tour of the Ste. Chapelle Winery, which produces a variety of award-winning wines.
- Go fishing at one of the many lakes and streams in the area, including Lake Lowell and the Boise River.
- Check out the Nampa Train Depot, which has been restored to its original appearance and now serves as a museum.
- Visit the Idaho Center, a multi-purpose venue that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sporting events, and trade shows.
- Learn about the history of the area at the Nampa History Center, which features exhibits on the city’s past.
- Spend a day at the Roaring Springs Water Park, which has a variety of water rides and attractions for all ages.
- Go for a hike in the Owyhee Mountains, which offer a range of trails for hikers of all skill levels.
- Take a scenic drive through the Snake River Valley, which is known for its beautiful countryside and abundant wildlife.
- Play a round of golf at one of the many local golf courses, including the Centennial Golf Course and the Ridgecrest Golf Club.
- Go rock climbing at the Tower Rock Recreation Area, which has a variety of routes for climbers of all abilities.
- Visit the Snake River Stampede, an annual rodeo event that takes place each July.
- Check out the Nampa Farmers Market, which features locally grown produce and other products from local vendors.
- Go birdwatching at the Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge, which is home to a variety of bird species, including pelicans, geese, and ducks.
- Take a walk through the Kathryn Albertson Park, a beautiful park that has a variety of walking trails and a small lake.
- Go shopping at one of the many local shopping centers, including the Karcher Mall and the Nampa Gateway Center.
- Visit the Western Idaho Fair, which takes place each August and features a variety of entertainment and activities.
- Take a tour of the College of Western Idaho, which offers a range of educational programs and has a beautiful campus.
- Have a picnic at one of the city’s many parks, such as Lakeview Park or Lakeview Golf Course.