About El Monte:
El Monte is a city located in the San Gabriel Valley region of Los Angeles County, California, United States. It is situated approximately 11 miles east of downtown Los Angeles and is part of the Greater Los Angeles metropolitan area. With a population of around 113,000, El Monte is the 58th most populous city in California. The city is home to a diverse community with a rich history and a variety of cultural attractions. Some notable landmarks in El Monte include the El Monte Airport, the El Monte Historical Museum, and the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area. The city is also home to several colleges and universities, including Rio Hondo College and the University of the West.
Things to do in El Monte:
- Visit the El Monte Historical Museum to learn about the city’s history.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the San Gabriel River Trail.
- Check out the El Monte Nature Preserve and bird watching area.
- Play a round of golf at the Rio Hondo Golf Club.
- Go shopping at the El Monte Shopping Center.
- Explore the El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa.
- Visit the El Monte Community Center to see what events and activities are happening.
- Check out the El Monte Farmers Market for fresh produce and other goods.
- Enjoy a picnic at Whittier Narrows Recreation Area.
- Play sports or have a BBQ at Legg Lake.
- Visit the El Monte Aquatic Center for swimming and water fun.
- Explore the El Monte Police Department Museum.
- Go hiking in the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Visit the Rio Hondo College Art Gallery.
- Take a trip to the San Gabriel Mission.
- Have a family day at the El Monte Family Fun Center.
- Go stargazing at the William J. Williams Memorial Dark Sky Viewing Area.
- Enjoy some live music at the El Monte American Legion.
- Take a class or workshop at the El Monte Creative Arts Center.
- Check out the El Monte Artwalk to see local artists and musicians.