Edinburg, TX, USA
Edinburg is a city in the Rio Grande Valley region of Texas. It is the county seat of Hidalgo County and is part of the McAllen-Edinburg-Mission metropolitan area. The city has a population of around 102,483 people and is known for its predominantly Hispanic population. Edinburg is home to the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley and South Texas College, as well as a number of parks and recreational facilities. The city is also home to the Edinburg Scenic Wetlands, a popular spot for birdwatching and other outdoor activities. The downtown area features a historic square with the Hidalgo County Courthouse and other historic buildings. Edinburg is located about 16 miles west of McAllen and is known for its warm, subtropical climate.
Things to do in Edinburg:
- Visit the Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center.
- Explore the Hidalgo County Courthouse, which is a historic landmark.
- Take a tour of the Edinburg Chamber of Commerce.
- Check out the Edinburg Municipal Park, which has a splash pad, playground, and walking trails.
- Visit the Museum of South Texas History.
- Go birdwatching at the Edinburg Thicket, a nature reserve.
- See a movie at the Cinemark Edinburg Movies 16.
- Go shopping at the Rio Grande Valley Premium Outlets.
- Visit the Edinburg Municipal Pool, which has a water slide and diving board.
- Play a round of golf at the Palm View Golf Course.
- See a play at the Edinburg Community Theatre.
- Take a hike or bike ride at the Edinburg Wildlife Conservation and Management Area.
- Visit the Edinburg Farmer’s Market.
- Go fishing at the Edinburg Reservoir.
- Take a tour of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley campus.
- Play a game of laser tag at Laser Quest.
- Go horseback riding at the Edinburg Riding Academy.
- Check out the animals at the Edinburg Wildlife Safari.
- Visit the Edinburg Sculpture Garden.
- Take a walk or jog on the Edinburg Linear Park Trail.