Davie is a town in Broward County, Florida, United States. It is located in the South Florida region and is about 20 miles west of Fort Lauderdale. The town has a population of about 100,000 people. Davie is known for its rich history and natural beauty. The town was founded in the early 1900s and was named after the land developer, R.P. Davie. Davie is home to several notable attractions, including the Flamingo Gardens and Everglades Wildlife Sanctuary, which is a 60-acre botanical garden and wildlife sanctuary, and the Bergeron Rodeo Grounds, which hosts the annual Davie Rodeo. The town is also home to several parks, including the Tree Tops Park, which has hiking trails and a ropes course, and the Quiet Waters Park, which has a water park and a skate park.
Things to do in Davie:
- Visit the Flamingo Gardens and Everglades Wildlife Sanctuary, a 60-acre botanical garden and wildlife sanctuary.
- Go to the annual Davie Rodeo at the Bergeron Rodeo Grounds.
- Spend the day at the Tree Tops Park, which has hiking trails and a ropes course.
- Have fun at the Quiet Waters Park, which has a water park and a skate park.
- Check out the Davie School of the Arts, which offers a variety of arts programs for all ages.
- Go shopping at the Davie Town Center, a large outdoor mall.
- Take a walk or have a picnic at the Town of Davie’s Pine Island Ridge Natural Area.
- Play a round of golf at the Rolling Hills Golf Course.
- Go to a movie at the AMC IMAX Theatre.
- Take a cooking class at the Kitchen Collaborative.
- Visit the David Posnack Jewish Community Center, which has a fitness center, pool, and a variety of recreational programs.
- Play a game of laser tag at Laser Quest.
- Go bowling at the Strike 10 Bowling Center.
- Learn about the town’s history at the Davie Area Historical Society Museum.
- Go to a live performance at the Orange Drive Performing Arts Center.
- Visit the David D. Barcomb Planetarium at the Broward College Central Campus.
- Take a yoga class at the O2 Yoga and Wellness Center.
- Check out the Flamingo Road Nursery, a beautiful nursery with a variety of plants and flowers.
- Go fishing at the Brian Piccolo Park Lake.
- Have a picnic at the Town of Davie’s Robbins Park, which has a playground, basketball courts, and a baseball field.