Chico, CA, USA
Chico is a city located in Butte County, California, United States. It is the most populous city in Butte County and the 14th most populous city in California. As of the 2010 United States Census, the population of Chico was 86,187. Chico is home to California State University, Chico.
Chico has a Mediterranean climate, with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters. The average high temperature in July, the hottest month, is about 91°F (33°C) and the average low temperature in January, the coldest month, is about 40°F (4°C).
The economy of Chico is driven by education, health care, and retail trade. The top employers in the city are California State University, Chico, Enloe Medical Center, and the Chico Unified School District.
Culture and recreation play a significant role in the city, with a number of parks, trails, and events throughout the year. Some popular attractions include Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park, Bidwell Park, and the Chico Creek Nature Center.
Things to do in Chico:
- Visit Bidwell Park, one of the largest municipal parks in the United States.
- Explore the Chico Museum, which showcases the city’s history and culture.
- Go hiking or biking in the Sierra Nevada mountains, which are just a short drive from Chico.
- Check out the Chico Creek Nature Center, a popular spot for families with children.
- Visit the Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park, a beautiful Victorian-style mansion that was once home to John and Annie Bidwell.
- Catch a live performance at the Blue Room Theatre, a popular venue for local and touring acts.
- Visit the Chico Art Center, which features exhibits and classes for artists of all levels.
- Enjoy a round of golf at one of Chico’s many public and private golf courses.
- Visit the Bidwell-Sacramento River State Park, which offers a variety of recreational activities, including fishing, boating, and hiking.
- Take a brewery tour at one of Chico’s many craft breweries, including Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Go shopping at the Chico Mall or one of the city’s many independent boutiques.
- Learn about local agriculture at the Chico State University Farm, which offers tours and educational programs.
- Check out the Friday Night Market, which features local vendors, live music, and food.
- Visit the Chico Air Museum, which has an extensive collection of vintage aircraft and military memorabilia.
- Go rock climbing at the Butte Creek Canyon, a popular spot for climbers of all levels.
- Visit the Chico Children’s Museum, which offers hands-on exhibits and activities for kids.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the Bidwell Park and Chico Creek Greenway.
- Play a round of disc golf at one of Chico’s many public disc golf courses.
- Go fishing in one of the many lakes and streams in the area.
- Enjoy a live music performance at the El Rey Theater, a popular venue for local and touring acts.
- Visit one of the many almond farms in and around Chico.