Centennial is a city located in Arapahoe County, Colorado, United States. It is a suburb of Denver and is the 10th most populous municipality in the state of Colorado. Centennial is located in the south metropolitan area of Denver, and it is known for its beautiful neighborhoods, quality schools, and easy access to the Denver Tech Center, Downtown Denver, and the Denver International Airport. The city was incorporated in 2001, and it has a population of around 108,000 people.
Things to do in Centennial:
- Visit the Centennial Center Park, which features a lake, playgrounds, and a skate park.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the High Line Canal Trail, which stretches for over 70 miles.
- Check out the Southglenn Mall, which has a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Go golfing at one of the city’s many golf courses, such as the Willow Springs Golf Course or the Centennial Valley Country Club.
- Play a game of tennis or pickleball at one of the city’s public courts.
- Take the kids to the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus.
- Learn about local history at the Arapahoe History Museum.
- Enjoy a picnic at the Wildflower Park.
- Go ice skating at the South Suburban Ice Arena.
- See a movie at the AMC Southlands 16 Theater.
- Go shopping at the Streets at Southglenn.
- Play a round of mini golf at Pirates Cove Adventure Golf.
- Explore the Denver Tech Center, which is home to many businesses and restaurants.
- Take a yoga or fitness class at one of the city’s studios.
- Go horseback riding at the South Suburban Parks and Recreation Equestrian Center.
- See a play or musical at the Town Hall Arts Center.
- Go fishing at the Cherry Creek Reservoir.
- Learn about science and technology at the Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum.
- Take a brewery tour at one of the city’s craft breweries.
- Go on a hike or bike ride in the nearby Denver Mountains.