Brockton, MA, USA
Central Fire Station, Brockton, MA, USA
Brockton is a city in Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States. It is located about 25 miles south of Boston and is part of the Greater Boston metropolitan area. Brockton has a population of about 95,000 people and is the seventh largest city in Massachusetts. It has a diverse population and a rich history, with roots dating back to the 17th century. The city is known for its strong industrial base, with a number of major manufacturing companies located there. It is also home to several cultural institutions, including the Fuller Craft Museum, the Brockton Symphony Orchestra, and the Brockton Rox, a minor league baseball team.
Things to do in Brockton:
- Visit the Brockton Fire Museum to learn about the city’s firefighting history.
- Explore the Westgate Mall and do some shopping.
- Take a tour of the Brockton Brewery, a local craft brewery.
- Check out the exhibits at the Fuller Craft Museum, which is dedicated to contemporary craft and design.
- Go see a game played by the Brockton Rox, a minor league baseball team.
- Take a walk or bike ride along the D.W. Field Park Rail Trail.
- Learn about the city’s history at the Brockton History Center.
- Enjoy a performance by the Brockton Symphony Orchestra.
- Play a round of golf at the D.W. Field Golf Course.
- Go see a movie at the Westgate Mall Cinemas.
- Visit the Petronelli Park and Recreation Center, which has sports fields and courts, a playground, and a spray park.
- Have a picnic at Massasoit State Park, which has hiking trails and a lake.
- Take a class or participate in a fitness program at the Westside Health and Fitness Center.
- Go ice skating at the Campanelli Stadium Ice Rink.
- Play a game of bowling at Westgate Lanes.
- Visit the Brockton Farmers Market to purchase fresh, local produce and other goods.
- Check out the animal exhibits at the South Shore Natural Science Center.
- Go fishing at the Massasoit State Park Pond or the Westgate Mall Pond.
- Take a walk through the D.W. Field Park and enjoy the natural beauty.
- Visit the Brockton Art Museum to see contemporary art exhibitions.