Bend, OR, USA
Mirror Pond and The Three Sisters in Bend, OR
Bend, Oregon is a city located in Deschutes County in the central region of the U.S. state of Oregon. It is the county seat and largest city of Deschutes County, with a population of around 87,000 people. Bend is known for its outdoor recreational opportunities, including hiking, fishing, mountain biking, and skiing. The city is located on the eastern edge of the Cascade Range, and the Deschutes River runs through the city. The region’s economy is driven by tourism, agriculture, and manufacturing, with major employers including St. Charles Health System, Les Schwab Tire Centers, and the Bend-La Pine Schools.
Things to do in Bend:
- Visit the High Desert Museum, which features exhibits on the natural and cultural history of the High Desert region.
- Go hiking or mountain biking on the trails at the Deschutes National Forest.
- Take a scenic drive along the Cascade Lakes National Scenic Byway.
- Go fishing in the Deschutes River or one of the area’s many lakes.
- Visit the Newberry National Volcanic Monument, which features a number of volcanoes and lava flows.
- Check out the Bend Ale Trail, a self-guided tour of Bend’s many craft breweries.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at Mt. Bachelor ski resort.
- Play a round of golf at one of Bend’s many golf courses.
- Visit the Old Mill District, a shopping and dining destination located along the Deschutes River.
- Take a rafting trip down the Deschutes River.
- Visit the Bend Art Center, which features exhibitions by local artists.
- Check out the Lava Lands Visitor Center, which offers educational exhibits on the region’s volcanic history.
- Go rock climbing at Smith Rock State Park.
- Take a scenic drive along the McKenzie Pass-Santiam Pass National Scenic Byway.
- Visit the Deschutes Brewery, a local brewery that offers tours and tastings.
- Go bird watching at the Sunriver Nature Center.
- Take a tour of the Deschutes Brewery production facility.
- Go stargazing at the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver.
- Visit the Deschutes Historical Museum, which features exhibits on the history of Bend and the surrounding region.
- Play a game of disc golf at one of Bend’s disc golf courses.