Allen, TX, USA
Allen is a city in Collin County, Texas, a northern suburb of Dallas. It is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. As of the 2020 United States Census, the city had a population of 104,627. The city is home to a number of corporate headquarters, including those of Chick-fil-A and Rent-A-Center. Allen is also home to the Allen Event Center, a multi-purpose arena that hosts concerts, sporting events, and other community events. The city has a number of parks, trails, and recreational facilities, including the Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium, an indoor swimming pool. The city is served by the Allen Independent School District.
Things to do in Allen:
- Visit the Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium, an indoor swimming pool with diving boards, water slides, and a lazy river.
- Check out the Allen Community Ice Rink, which offers ice skating, hockey, and figure skating classes.
- Go shopping at The Village at Allen, an outdoor mall with over 100 stores and restaurants.
- Take a tour of the BNSF Railway Museum, which showcases the history of railroads in the United States.
- Spend the day at the Courses at Watters Creek, a public golf course with a driving range, practice green, and pro shop.
- Hike or bike the trails at Bethany Lakes Park, a 300-acre park with two lakes, a playground, and picnic areas.
- Catch a concert or sporting event at the Allen Event Center, a multi-purpose arena that seats up to 7,000 people.
- Learn about the history of Allen at the Allen Heritage Center, a museum that displays artifacts and exhibits about the city’s past.
- Play a round of mini golf at Hawaiian Falls Adventure Park, a water park with a mini golf course, go-karts, and a rock climbing wall.
- Go ice skating at the Dr Pepper StarCenter, a community ice rink that offers public skating sessions and ice skating lessons.
- Have a picnic at the Joe Farmer Recreation Center, a park with a playground, soccer fields, and a covered pavilion.
- Take a guided tour of the Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, which features over 300 acres of native Texas habitat and exhibits about the natural world.
- Go fishing at the ponds at the Bethany Lakes Park, which are stocked with bass, catfish, and other species.
- Play a game of basketball at the recreational courts at the Joe Farmer Recreation Center.
- Have a family outing at the Hawaiian Falls Adventure Park, which has water slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool.
- Go for a walk or run on the trails at the Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Play a game of tennis at the courts at the Joe Farmer Recreation Center.
- Take a yoga or fitness class at the fitness center at the Joe Farmer Recreation Center.
- Have a BBQ at one of the picnic areas at the Bethany Lakes Park.
- Have a date night at the Cinemark Allen 16, a movie theater with 16 screens and a variety of food and beverage options.